Sound Approach will match an Authorized USA Dealer's advertised price upon verification and release by the product manufacturer or distributor. Clients should contact Sound Approach at 877-370-1972 in order to request a price match. The following conditions must be met for a price match to be approved:
1. The price is from an authorized US Dealer verified by the product manufacturer and/or distributor.
2. The price must be above the manufacturer’s Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) as indicated by each vendor.
3. The request must be approved by the manufacturer and/or distributor of the product(s) in question following verification that the price meets the other requirements.
4. The product in question must be new, unused, and in unopened condition. Products that do not fall into this category are ineligible for the price match program.
Sound Approach will decline to price match on any price offered by an auction organization, website, or dealer not authorized by the manufacturer and/or distributor or if the request does not meet the above conditions.
Please contact Sound Approach for more information and questions regarding the price matching program.
Sound Approach will accept returns on most items within 30 days of the delivery date. Buyers are responsible for arrangement and cost of any return shipment. For the terms, conditions, and exceptions related to shipping and/or returns, please continue reading below. By placing an order, clients agree to the Terms of Service (ToS) in their entirety.
Special Order or Custom Order items, as indicated on the webpage in the Special Notice section for those applicable products may have different return terms and conditions. See the Special Orders, and Custom Orders section below for more information.
If the product you have purchased is incorrect, defective, or not to your liking, please contact Sound Approach as soon as possible. In order to find a solution which best suits the customer’s needs, Sound Approach may issue a store credit, refund, or exchange on any qualifying purchase(s) which fall within the 30-day return period and meet eligibility requirements as listed below.
*The below conditions are not all-encompassing. Please see the Shipping & Returns portion of the Sound Approach website for the full list of terms and conditions regarding returns.
1. Sound Approach will accept returns on most orders within 30 days of the delivery date of the order(s) in question. Some exclusions to this policy may apply.
2. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Some exclusions may apply.
3. Buyers must request a Return Authorization Number via email (email@example.com) in order to initiate the return process. Returns without an RMA will not be accepted by the Service Department. RMAs are valid for 14 days after issue.
4. Buyers are personally responsible for the arrangement and costs incurred on a return shipment(s). Sound Approach will not generate return shipping labels as stated in the Terms of Service. unless the item(s) received is defective or incorrect.
5. This list is not all-encompassing and other terms and conditions may be applicable.
6. By placing an order, a buyer agrees to any and all terms and conditions as listed on the Terms and Conditions portion of this website. Please see the following link for a full description of the ToS - https://soundapproach.com/terms-conditions
Please contact Sound Approach at 877-370-1972 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the Return Policy.
Unison Research - Phono One - Class A Valve Phono Preamplifier
PhonoOne has been one of the mostly appreciated UnisonResearch units. Even if the production of this item has been discontinued some years ago the request never stopped so it was decided to renew and improve this design. Nothing has changed it the external looking since the original design was so nice and timeless that even after many years it has it’s untouched aesthetic appeal.
The circuit implemented has lots of features in common with the SimplyPhono, here one more tube has been used, bringing up to 10 the number of triode (i.e. 5 ECC83/12AX7 double triodes). All of the gain stages are now implementing parallel configuration for the best noise and distortion performances. This solution increases also the overall gain to approximately 54dB, enough for all the MM and most of the MC cartridges. The same passive RIAA network has been adopted but with special selected components in order to ensure strict tolerance to the equalization curve. Increased value for the output capacitors improves bandwidth and phase rotation at low frequencies.
In order to avoid the problem of dc voltage and bump during the warm up and switch off time of the unit a delayed muting function has been implemented, this way the output is disabled till the tubes reaches they’re optimal temperature and working point at the switch on and prevent the loud bump at the switch off. While in SimplyPhono only the resistive component of input impedance is selectable here both resistance and capacitance can be matched to the requirement of any cartridge for best performances. A dedicated free location on the PCB allows the installation of custom value resistors in order to set the interface parameters even at any non common value.
Particular care has also been dedicated to power supply design. In order to minimize cross-talk and inter-stage interference an independent RC filter cell has been placed near every gain stage, thus reducing the cross-talk (especially at low frequency) of more than 20dB in comparison with the extraordinary performances of SimplyPhono. In the new PhonoOne low frequency cross-talk is practically immeasurable, less than -90dB. Also a careful layout design improving channel separation and interference rejection, together with an elastic suspension of the amplifier board helped bringing the sonic performances of the new PhonoOne to a supreme level of natural detail and musical clarity.
As imposed for a no-compromise design, all the supply voltage are regulated and heavy filtered. Nothing has been neglected: all the signal wiring are hand soldered using shielded wire, the placement of the tubes takes care of the mechanical micro distortion of the physical parts of the tubes when operated in horizontal position, oversized power components and adequate cooling ensures high reliability.
Unison Research is sure the new PhonoOne will be highly appreciated by anyone looking for a phono preamplifier able to offer an involving listening experience.
Total Harmonic Distorti on (THD):
Signal to Noise Ratio (S/N):