Mutec - REF10 - 10MHz Reference Master Clock
For availability or more info please send us a message, or call 877-370-1972. Thank you!
Mutec - REF10 - 10 MHz Reference Master Clock
MUTEC's REF10 is a 10 MHz reference master clock generator that combines the beauty of simplicity with the utmost clock precision. It is the first Empyreal Class product that MUTEC has created, and it is engineered to enhance the performance of digital audio systems beyond what existing solutions offer. MUTEC's extensive research has shown that the high clock stability of so-called "atomic clocks" is limited to the long-term time domain and that the timing from one sample to another in the short term is more critical for digital audio performance. This research led to the development of MUTEC's handcrafted oven-controlled oscillator (OCXO) that features the highest clock stability relevant for audiophile digital audio performance.
"At what price point should audiophile digital become impervious to external reclockers? From our hardware, even the €9000 COS Engineering D1 wasn’t. I wish it were different. But until it actually is, external reclocking by way of MUTEC’s MC‑3+USB and REF10 remains a legitimate audibly effective solution."
Srajan Ebaen, 6moons.com
The REF10's design is exceptional, from its dual linear power supply based on a German-made toroidal transformer, which provides a dedicated transformer winding for the sensitive OCXO and is completely isolated from the surrounding circuit, to its sub-Hz optimized, lowest-noise voltage sources arranged in multiple stages that independently supply every part of the circuit to avoid mutual interference. To shield the REF10 from radio-frequency interference in digital audio, MUTEC placed the circuit boards in a 1.5 mm thick steel enclosure that isolates the sensitive electronics from outside electrical disturbances. The REF10 is the most flexible and compatible 10 MHz clock on the market, with eight simultaneous clock outputs at both 50 and 75 Ohms impedance.
The REF10 is an exceptional device that combines uncompromising engineering with the beauty of simplicity and the utmost clock precision. It has been designed with the highest clock stability relevant for audiophile digital audio performance, making it the most flexible and compatible 10 MHz clock on the market. Its design is exceptional, with a dual linear power supply based on a German-made toroidal transformer, sub-Hz optimized, lowest-noise voltage sources, and galvanically isolated output stages. The REF10's design also shields it from radio-frequency interference in digital audio. With the REF10, audiophiles can spend less time worrying about integration and more time enjoying blissful playback.
- Audiophile 10 MHz reference generator with industry’s lowest phase noise
- Improves and enhances compatible DACs, audio re-clockers, music servers, and master clocks
- Engineered around a handcrafted, ultra-low phase noise OCXO made in Germany
- Generates a very high slew-rate square wave signal for superior lock precision compared to the sine wave signals used by competing brands
- Provides simultaneous reference outputs with 50 and 75 Ω impedance for maximum compatibility with clocks and DACs by other manufacturers
- Eight galvanically isolated, individually switchable BNC clock outputs
- Revolutionary, sub-Hz optimized, lowest noise power supply for every circuit section
- Integrated, highest-quality international linear power supply
- Highly efficient power line filtering
- Intuitive user interface with noble aesthetics
- Rack-mountable with optional mounting brackets for studio use (2 RU)
2 x 10 MHz reference clock BNC output, 50 Ω terminated, unbalanced
6 x 10 MHz reference clock BNC output, 75 Ω terminated, unbalanced
Signal Format of all Clock Outputs
Square wave, 10.000 MHz, 2 Vpp, 50:50 duty cycle
Type: 10.000 MHz ultra-low noise oven-controlled crystal oscillator
FQ stability when shipped: < +/-0.01 ppm
FQ stability vs. temperature range: < +/-0.01 ppm within -20 °C to +70 °C (-4 °F to +158 °F)
Short term stability (Allan deviation) at Tau = 1 s: 1 x 10-12 (typically)
Aging after 30 days operation:
< +/-0.0002 ppm (per day),
< +/-0.03 ppm (1st year),
< +/-0.2 ppm (10 years)
Warm-up time at +25 °C (+77 °F) : <5 min