Sound Approach will match an Authorized USA Dealer's advertised price upon verification and release by the product manufacturer or distributor. Clients should contact Sound Approach at 877-370-1972 in order to request a price match. The following conditions must be met for a price match to be approved:
1. The price is from an authorized US Dealer verified by the product manufacturer and/or distributor.
2. The price must be above the manufacturer’s Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) as indicated by each vendor.
3. The request must be approved by the manufacturer and/or distributor of the product(s) in question following verification that the price meets the other requirements.
4. The product in question must be new, unused, and in unopened condition. Products that do not fall into this category are ineligible for the price match program.
Sound Approach will decline to price match on any price offered by an auction organization, website, or dealer not authorized by the manufacturer and/or distributor or if the request does not meet the above conditions.
Please contact Sound Approach for more information and questions regarding the price matching program.
Sound Approach will accept returns on most items within 30 days of the delivery date. Buyers are responsible for arrangement and cost of any return shipment. For the terms, conditions, and exceptions related to shipping and/or returns, please continue reading below. By placing an order, clients agree to the Terms of Service (ToS) in their entirety.
Special Order or Custom Order items, as indicated on the webpage in the Special Notice section for those applicable products may have different return terms and conditions. See the Special Orders, and Custom Orders section below for more information.
If the product you have purchased is incorrect, defective, or not to your liking, please contact Sound Approach as soon as possible. In order to find a solution which best suits the customer’s needs, Sound Approach may issue a store credit, refund, or exchange on any qualifying purchase(s) which fall within the 30-day return period and meet eligibility requirements as listed below.
*The below conditions are not all-encompassing. Please see the Shipping & Returns portion of the Sound Approach website for the full list of terms and conditions regarding returns.
1. Sound Approach will accept returns on most orders within 30 days of the delivery date of the order(s) in question. Some exclusions to this policy may apply.
2. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Some exclusions may apply.
3. Buyers must request a Return Authorization Number via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to initiate the return process. Returns without an RMA will not be accepted by the Service Department. RMAs are valid for 14 days after issue.
4. Buyers are personally responsible for the arrangement and costs incurred on a return shipment(s). Sound Approach will not generate return shipping labels as stated in the Terms of Service. unless the item(s) received is defective or incorrect.
5. This list is not all-encompassing and other terms and conditions may be applicable.
6. By placing an order, a buyer agrees to any and all terms and conditions as listed on the Terms and Conditions portion of this website. Please see the following link for a full description of the ToS - https://soundapproach.com/terms-conditions
Please contact Sound Approach at 877-370-1972 or email@example.com with any questions regarding the Return Policy.
Usher - Diamond TD-10 - Tower Speakers (Pair)
A True Speaker Manufacture
In the Swiss watch industry, the term manufacture is used to refer to a watchmaker/brand who designs and manufactures its watches almost completely, as distinct from an atelier de terminage, which is concerned only with assembling, timing, fitting the hands and casing an externally-sourced movement. Some famous examples of manufacture are Patek Phillipe, Rolex and Jaeger LeCoultre.
In the loudspeaker industry, the ability to design and manufacture the heart of the whole speaker system—namely the speaker drivers—also separates the real technically capable from the rest. In this sense, Usher is one of the very few true manufactures in the high end speaker world.
The launch of the BE10 and BE20, Usher’s then flagship speaker systems, and a few years later, their successors the BE10 Diamond/BE20 Diamond with the ground-breaking DMD tweeter, have show-cased Usher’s prowess in driver design, manufacturing and quality control. With the new DMD (Diamond-Metal-Diamond) midrange driver—that’s on the TD-10 and TD-20—Usher has again pushed speaker driver technology to a new height.
The DMD Midrange Driver
Diamond is almost a perfect material as driver diaphragm except for its high density (thus high mass) and brittleness. The few “Diamond” drivers that have been on the market all suffer badly from these two issues. Usher was the first, and still the only, to have solved these problems by inventing the DMD diaphragm, in which a super light metal base is sandwiched by amorphous diamond layers, resulting in a durable, light, fast, high-resolving and thus hugely musical tweeter: the Usher DMD tweeter.
Now, after years of rigorous research and experiments, Usher has finally successfully implemented the DMD technology on the 5” midrange driver. This allows the music to be reproduced, from 385Hz up, completely by the amazing DMD drivers on both the TD-10 and TD-20. The result has to be heard to believe.
Due to the superlative performance of the DMD drivers, the 11” German Eton woofer, with its super light yet super stiff honeycomb sandwich cone, was chosen to cover 385Hz and below for speed, resolving power and explosive dynamics.
When developing the new DMD midrange driver, Usher has paid special attention to making sure that it would have a frequency response and impedance behavior that’s effectively the same as those of the midrange it is replacing. This has made the new DMD midrange a drop-in upgrade for the current BE10 and BE20 owners. The crossover in the BE10/BE20 Diamond was already optimized through countless hours of computer-aided design, measuring and actual listening for a seamless integration with both the DMD tweeter and the Eton woofer. With the efforts and attention in this regard put in whilst developing the DMD midrange, all that’s needed to be done was to repeat the measuring and listening tests carefully to confirm the results remain optimal, which was exactly the case.
TD-10 vs. TD-20
The cabinets of the TD-10 and TD-20 are, per the Usher tradition, part of the whole system’s integrated computer-aided and tested design, and are realized in an ultra-rigid, double reinforced, high inner-loss structure that’s both low diffraction and low internal reflection. And again per the Usher tradition, the cabinets are finished in real wood/real veneer and piano lacquer to the highest standards.
The TD-10 hosts one woofer per channel whilst the TD-20 employs two for even higher power-handling and larger listening spaces.