SVS - Prime Tower Speakers (Pair)
SVS - Prime Tower Speakers (Pair)
Prime Towers: Pillars of Performance—Stereo to Cinema
As the primary source of full spectrum sound, the Prime Towers anchor the listening experience. Their combination of both accuracy and dynamics elevate the experience of your movies and the nuances of your music. The voicing of the towers’ multiple drivers match and seamlessly meld with the other Prime or Ultra speakers in your system. The result: they transport you to the center of the action—be it mosh pit or jet fighter cockpit. Dialogue and vocals are clear and true. Bass grooves and bomb blasts will rock the room. With Prime towers’ twin 6.5 inch woofers in each tower, you don’t need a stand-alone subwoofer if space won’t allow. (Should you have the room—and want the additional depth and dimension a dedicated subwoofer provides—Prime towers pair well with several SVS subwoofers, like the award-winning SB-1000.)
SVS Sweats The Details - You Hear Perfect Sound
With a smooth aluminum dome tweeter, dedicated mid-range driver and dual long-throw woofers, the Prime Tower effortlessly cranks out clean, dynamic and powerful sound.
The innovative and sophisticated 3.5-way crossover has different crossover points for each woofer to eliminate lobing in the vertical axis and improve total radiated sound power. Translation – awesome bass response and a smooth, seamless transition to the mid-range.
SVS took the 3.5-way crossover concept a step further – each woofer has a dedicated and completely separate internal compartment with its own custom port tuning frequency. The result is bass you need to hear in person to fully appreciate.
Similarly, the 4.5” mid-range driver is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure a smooth, precise and clear mid-range free from standing wave coloration.
All this tech is packed into a handsome and sleek cabinet available in premium-grade piano gloss black or handsome black ash finish. And for that touch of class – the Prime Tower has the same upscale metal spiked screw-in feet as our flagship Ultra Tower.
Driver and Crossover Details
- The 1” aluminum dome tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs.
- The dedicated 4.5” mid-range driver delivers natural, smooth and clear vocals and features a polypropylene cone, an aluminum shorting ring for reduced distortion, a vented voice coil former, and unique all-new cast ABS-fiberglass-carbon composite basket for precise component alignment.
- Dual 6.5” woofers outclass the competition and deliver hard-driving bass courtesy of a long-stroke suspension and rugged motor, a polypropylene cone, an aluminum shorting ring for reduced distortion, a vented voice coil former, and unique all-new cast ABS-fiberglass-carbon composite basket for precise component alignment.
- Our exclusive SoundMatch crossover sports premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. The innovative and sophisticated 3.5-way crossover has different crossover points for each woofer to eliminate lobing in the vertical axis and improve total radiated sound power.
- 5-way binding posts.
- Dual 1.7” wide-flared rear-firing ports.
- Elastomer screw-in feet - adjustable for level.
- Spiked metal screw-in feet included - adjustable for level.
- Separate sealed midrange enclosure shifts standing waves beyond the driver pass band, improving sound quality.
- Separate woofer enclosures with optimized port tuning frequencies for smooth and accurate bass response.
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction.
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances.
|Model Number:||Prime Tower|
|Speaker Type:||3.5 way|
|Power Handling:||20-250 Watts|
|Frequency Response:||30 Hz-25 kHz (+/-3 dB)|
|Sensitivity:||87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)|
Midrange-to-tweeter: 2.1 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
|Bi-Wire / Bi-Amp:||N/A|
|Tweeter:||1" Aluminum Dome|
|Dimensions:||36.6" x 8" x 11.6"|
|Shipping Dimensions:||41.3" x 14.1" x 17.3"|
|Weight:||41 lbs. (each)|
|Shipping Weight:||48 lbs. (each)|
|Finish:||Black ash or Piano gloss black|
|Warranty:||5-Year Unconditional Warranty Including Amplifiers|
Elastomer screw-in feet - adjustable for level