Sound Approach will match an Authorized USA Dealer's advertised price upon verification and release by the product manufacturer or distributor. Clients should contact Sound Approach at 877-370-1972 in order to request a price match. The following conditions must be met for a price match to be approved:
1. The price is from an authorized US Dealer verified by the product manufacturer and/or distributor.
2. The price must be above the manufacturer’s Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) as indicated by each vendor.
3. The request must be approved by the manufacturer and/or distributor of the product(s) in question following verification that the price meets the other requirements.
4. The product in question must be new, unused, and in unopened condition. Products that do not fall into this category are ineligible for the price match program.
Sound Approach will decline to price match on any price offered by an auction organization, website, or dealer not authorized by the manufacturer and/or distributor or if the request does not meet the above conditions.
Please contact Sound Approach for more information and questions regarding the price matching program.
Sound Approach will accept returns on most items within 30 days of the delivery date. Buyers are responsible for arrangement and cost of any return shipment. For the terms, conditions, and exceptions related to shipping and/or returns, please continue reading below. By placing an order, clients agree to the Terms of Service (ToS) in their entirety.
Special Order or Custom Order items, as indicated on the webpage in the Special Notice section for those applicable products may have different return terms and conditions. See the Special Orders, and Custom Orders section below for more information.
If the product you have purchased is incorrect, defective, or not to your liking, please contact Sound Approach as soon as possible. In order to find a solution which best suits the customer’s needs, Sound Approach may issue a store credit, refund, or exchange on any qualifying purchase(s) which fall within the 30-day return period and meet eligibility requirements as listed below.
*The below conditions are not all-encompassing. Please see the Shipping & Returns portion of the Sound Approach website for the full list of terms and conditions regarding returns.
1. Sound Approach will accept returns on most orders within 30 days of the delivery date of the order(s) in question. Some exclusions to this policy may apply.
2. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Some exclusions may apply.
3. Buyers must request a Return Authorization Number via email (email@example.com) in order to initiate the return process. Returns without an RMA will not be accepted by the Service Department. RMAs are valid for 14 days after issue.
4. Buyers are personally responsible for the arrangement and costs incurred on a return shipment(s). Sound Approach will not generate return shipping labels as stated in the Terms of Service. unless the item(s) received is defective or incorrect.
5. This list is not all-encompassing and other terms and conditions may be applicable.
6. By placing an order, a buyer agrees to any and all terms and conditions as listed on the Terms and Conditions portion of this website. Please see the following link for a full description of the ToS - https://soundapproach.com/terms-conditions
Please contact Sound Approach at 877-370-1972 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the Return Policy.
Retail Price: $1,195.00Your Price: $956.00 956 OutOfStock
Quad - Bookshelf Speakers - Black Oak (Pair) - Open Box
Open Box Special. Black Oak. One available. Full factory warranty.
Critical reviews of high-end audio gear occasionally lend to hyperbole, but in the case of Stereophile's in-depth report on the coloration-free Quad S-2 bookshelf loudspeakers, there's no exaggeration in sight – rather, an on-point summation of the stand-mounters' strengths. Ken Micallef writes that "the S-2 is fabulously dynamic, well extended, pure and clean in its revealing upper-frequency range, and offers the best low-end bass traction of any stand-mounted speaker I've heard in my MacDougal Street digs."
The fact that Hi-Fi Choice and Hi-Fi World have similar praise for the two-way, rear-ported S-2 isn't just a coincidence. Designed in England and claiming a heritage that stretches back to the company's iconic Corner Ribbon loudspeaker, S-2 features a 1.75 x 0.5-inch true ribbon tweeter that ably handles modern high-power amplifiers while also retaining Quad's trademark detail, accuracy, and smoothness. And since S-2's composite ribbon sandwich substrate tweeter functions as both the diaphragm and motor system – completely unlike conventional dome units – you'll benefit from incredible levels of efficiency, control, and transparency.
Simply position S-2 with its tweeter at or near ear level, and you're off and running. The largest S Series bookshelf model also comes with a five-inch woven Kevlar midrange driver. Linked by a sophisticated crossover network, the combination accounts for S-2's fatigue-free presentation and ability to arrange complex passages into cohesive, balanced performances.
What's more, S-2 has gorgeous looks to match its smooth, fatigue-free, and downright beautiful sonics. Graced with Italian-inspired rounded top edges at the front and rear, each S-2 cabinet arrives comprised of alternate layers of MDF and high-density particleboard with circumferential internal bracing that reduces panel resonance below the threshold of human hearing. All the better for you to experience the scale, authority, and depth with which S-2 conveys recordings – qualities certain to hold you spellbound for hours at a time.
Bass / Midrange Driver
Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1M)
Recommended Amplifier Power
Frequency Response (+/-3dB)
Bass Extension (-6dB)